Templates for Tagging In Jord

KeithWillshaw

Templates for Tagging In Jord

#1 Post by KeithWillshaw »

As part of my review of what changes need to be made to implement the Jord Mapping Methodology, RDL and Templates I started with what is the basis for the engineer - the Tag Name with specific reference to the P&ID.

I reviewed this for both the Class Model and WholeLifeIndividual , the same principles would apply to temporal parts so that will be documented later.

Note that the current implementations being used by organizations such as Bentley, Bechtel and other iRING users are based on WholeLifeIndividuals. The limitations of this approach are understood as being suitable for simple data transfers only with no life cycle integration.
Clearly the suitability of this is an import discussion but I would prefer it to be separated from the Tagging issue.

The review is attached to this post as a Word document and also in pdf form

I came across some issues that I would value the input of the group on and its becoming rather urgent in the light of the various pilot exchange projects that are happening.

Regards - Keith Willshaw
Attachments
Tagging in Jord.pdf
(587.08 KiB) Downloaded 943 times
Tagging in Jord.docx
(656.03 KiB) Downloaded 836 times

vvagr

Re: Templates for Tagging In Jord

#2 Post by vvagr »

Keith,

I'll try to answer some of your posted questions. But first of all, official JORD Mapping Methodology (not completed to template set level yet) can be found at:

https://www.posccaesar.org/attachment/w ... ogy-V2.doc

What you are trying to use is already an implementation of Jord Mapping Methodology with a specific template set prepared by Hans Teijgeler.

My answers and comments can be seen in an attached file in revision tracking mode.

Hope others will join us and provide more insights and probable corrections.
Tagging in Jord_answ_Vvagr.docx
(663.58 KiB) Downloaded 826 times

mikhail fedorov

#3 Post by mikhail fedorov »

Victor,

You wrote in your comments:
"If you’ve only started dealing with Mimosa OGI Pilot facility, you can be sure that classes representing pumps P-11100A-D don’t exist. If you’ve already modelled other datasets from the project – you’ve to check by tags - probable they were already modelled as part of some specification, data sheet, 3D model, whatever. Then their Ur-Classes already have some URIs assigned".
That makes sense but I guess the question was about if there's a formal methodology to find out whether according classes already were introduced in the RDL.

Thanks,
Mike

vvagr

#4 Post by vvagr »

Mihail,

As I've presumed from the context, we are talking here about project data, not a reference data. You go through project data in native format (table in this case) and identify entities behind them.

So JORD Methodology questionnaire is about entities you meet in project data set, RDL search and addition of new reference data entities is not its focus. Methodology for RDL search is rather state-of-the-art thing now.

mikhail fedorov

#5 Post by mikhail fedorov »

yep, my mistake :)

HansTeijgeler

#6 Post by HansTeijgeler »

Keith,

Please see my comments on your Word document.

Regards,
Hans
Attachments
Tagging in Jord-commented-by-HT-20130115.docx
(658.46 KiB) Downloaded 797 times