Questions about Lifecycle information in Facility Façade

vvagr

Questions about Lifecycle information in Facility Façade

#1 Post by vvagr »

The following questions are about sample data set published at http://15926.org/publications/HEED/HEED ... ntents.htm

1. In <!-- 5) - Installation of pump with serial number AC-5764M in function place P-101 --> we can see declaration of

<!-- Declaration of function place P-101 -->
<dm:PhysicalObject rdf:ID="C71439310-79bd-11e2-b92a-0800200c9a66">
<rdf:type rdf:resource="&dm;WholeLifeIndividual"/>
<rdf:type rdf:resource="&dm;ActualIndividual"/>
<rdf:type rdf:resource="&owl;Class"/>
</dm:PhysicalObject>

According to the Part 2 model, functional places where real pumps are installed and changed are FunctionalPhysicalObject, with " functional, rather than material, continuity as its basis for identity".

In what sense it is an instance of owl:Class? Individual should be an owl:Thing.

2. We can see an instance of p7tpl:BeginningOfIndividual template where functional place (not its temporal part) is stated to have some valStartTime value. In what sense functional object has a start time, what are the rules to determine a value for it?

3. <!-- Declaration of pump with Serial Number AC-5764M --> also defines it as owl:Class.

4. There is a mistake in the comment:

<p7tpl:valIdentifier rdf:datatype="&xsd;string">S/N AC-5764M</p7tpl:valIdentifier> <!-- Class of Stream CO_StreamSegm 123-34 -->

HansTeijgeler

Re: Questions about Lifecycle information in Facility Façade

#2 Post by HansTeijgeler »

Hi Victor,

Thank you for your input! The two physical objects are indeed of rdf:type="&owl;Thing". I have corrected that.
I have also corrected your last point.

Regarding your question about the hasStartTime of P-101 I'd say the date-time that you declared it. But if someone wants to use the date-time of its first appearance in some file or document: fine with me. You should avoid having templates about P-101 with an earlier date-time that that of the WholeLife P-101.
Perhaps something for a rule.

Regards,
Hans

vvagr

#3 Post by vvagr »

Hans,

What can you say about the most important question (in my opinion) - the second?

Should it not be FunctionalPhysicalObject, not a PhysicalObject and ActualIndividual?

HansTeijgeler

#4 Post by HansTeijgeler »

Hi Victor,

You are right again: I changed it to FunctionalPhysicalObject. Thanks.

It is still an ActualIndividual. Part 2 states:
An <actual_individual> is a <possible_individual> that is a part of the space-time continuum that we inhabit. It exists in the present, past, or future of our universe, as opposed to some imagined universe.

I already replied to your question about its start time.

Regards,
Hans